Based in Bordeaux, France
September 9th, 2022
PC | Steam
PC | Itch.io
After The Collapse is a base-building game set in a post-apocalyptic world featuring both urban and country-side environments. It features Z levels (ability to dig down to explore caverns and sewers) and the ability to manage multiple dozens of survivors in real-time. It also gives you the choice between playing as technology-minded humans, combat-focused mutants, or even a tribe of cannibals. Your task is to manage a band of survivors and protect them against raiders, mutants, monsters, and other environmental threats. To do so, you'll have to build a base, discover new technologies, and scavenge for resources. As the game progresses, you'll send expeditions to explore a dynamic world map to find other survivors, repair resource production centers, deal with other factions, uncover hidden secrets, and retrieve lost technologies. After The Collapse, on top of being a free-form base-building game with light 4X elements, also includes multiple scenarios and a very expansive Story Mode with an optional tutorial for newcomers.
From its initial position as a completely unknown game with pretty much no content and sold for a pittance, ATC became a full-fledged base-building game in four years. It's not just "yet another base builder" but one with its own identity and gameplay mechanics.
- Build a colony in procedurally generated environments featuring many biomes, weather patterns, multiple underground layers with resources, and dangerous foes.
- Manage a population ranging from a few survivors to hundreds of them and defend them against bandits and other creatures with automated turrets, traps, and other defensive structures.
- Multiple game modes, a full story mode, and several scenarios with specific challenges, goals, and quests.
- Launch expeditions to find more survivors, loot, and technologies in a dynamic world map where other factions are competing for control of the various resource production centers. Deal with them as you see fit.
- Explore forgotten bunkers through an interactive story system to uncover lost technologies, like the ability to build your own customizable robotic army.
- Use captured enemies as a workforce or as commodities and tame giant creatures to use them as pets, cattle, or even a way to defend yourself.
- Deal with dozens of special events: sicknesses, fires during heat waves, mental breakdown, enemy raiders, requests for help from civilians, and many more.
- Full Modding and Steam Workshop support.
Early Access Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for After The Collapse. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Anarkis Gaming
We build unapologetically complex and DRM-Free strategy and simulation games for PC.
More information on Anarkis Gaming, our logo & relevant media are available here.
After The Collapse Credits
Guillaume 'EsKa' Lespeau
Game Design, Graphics and Coding
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks