After The Collapse is a 2D top-down base building game set in a post-apocalyptic world featuring urban environments. Your task will be to manage a band of survivors and protect them against raiders, mutants and environmental threats. To do so, you’ll have to build a base, research new technologies, and scavenge for resources. Thanks to its urban and semi-urban environments, After The Collapse has a strong focus on scavenging, repairing and reusing existing structures and technologies. You’ll have to send scouts to explore the wastelands and trade with other groups if you want your small colony to thrive.
Early Access Features
The following features are already in place and will be expanded during the development.
- Build a settlement in a hostile procedurally generated environment
- Take care of numerous survivors, each with their unique traits and skills
- Research new technologies to adapt to your surroundings
- Defend against raiders and mutants by building automated turrets and other defensive structures
- Resource collection with a focus on scavenging and trading
- Basic medical system handling wounds and sicknesses
- Use generators and solar panels to keep the more advanced structures operational
Notable Planned Features
The following features are planned to be integrated after the initial Early Access release. This is, of course, just a glimpse into what’s to come.
- Underground area below your base
- outside areas to explore and exploit
- More varied threats, especially environmental ones
- More complex medical system with radiation and mutation handling
- An optional strategic layer to conduct diplomacy and handle conflicts with other computer-generated factions
- Full modding support
- Optional story mode
We are planning to release After the Collapse in Autumn 2018 on Early Access. The game will be released on Windows, possibly followed by Linux. Early Access version will be made available through Steam and itch.io. It’s DRM-Free, with no hidden costs.