We just updated Unending Galaxy to version 188.8.131.52.
This version features a brand new map, Unruly Galaxy where factions can only control solar systems and strategic crossroads. I also reduced the diplomatic modifier for being at peace and added a diplomatic incident random event to shake things a bit between the various major factions. Performance have been slightly improved thanks to a much faster path-finding algorithm, while civilian miners will regulate their population based on the amount of available asteroids. As usual, Unending Galaxy is available on Steam and itch.io.
Full changelog is below.
- Added “Unruly Galaxy” map
- Added” Diplomatic Incident” event
- Opening the build station menu also opens the sector info panel
- Sector info panel: Clicking the faction’s flag open the diplomacy menu
- Civilian miners numbers adjust based on the amount of asteroids
- Doubled pathfinder’s performances
- Slightly increased ‘request tribute’ diplomatic option cooldown
- Tribute formula tweaked removed randomness, takes player’s treachery level, relative strength, distance, treaties into account
- Destroying stations, factories, gates in a territory you have an alliance/cease fire with has a bigger diplomatic impact
- Reduced max “we are at peace” diplomatic bonus from 50% to 30%
- Miners squatting on top of stations when there’s no asteroid on the map
- Transparency issues with a blue planet and a backdrop
- Added warning message when player is using a faction mod on top of a savegame not running the mod
- Fixed: Possible menu opening/closing related crash
- Fixed: Possible quicksave/autosave related crash
- Fixed: Smaller misc problems